Thursday, July 30, 2009

Le Jardin du Luxembourg


After dinner last night Joe and I went for a stroll to check out our new neighbourhood. Well, guess where we ended up? Luxembourg Gardens! It has got to be one of my favourite places to sit and enjoy the flowers. And people watch. But that goes without saying.

As the sun was setting, Joe and I hunkered down in a couple of the green metal chairs that are scattered throughout the park, when all of a sudden 'les gendarmes' were all over the place blowing on their whistles. I thought it was some sort of emergency. Nope. The park closes at 9:00pm and the police were clearing people out.

We left the gardens begrudgingly and began the long walk home. To cheer ourselves up we stopped for a beer at the cafe 'Les Deux Magots'. Albert Camus and Ernest Hemingway used to hang out here back in the day. Now we do.

1 comment:

  1. looks lovely. I wish that I was there in jsut to get out of the heat. When it is raining for the 20th straight day in November remind me how cranky I was when it was 38 for 5 days in a row.
    I like the way your blog looks, and I don't think the apartment looks cold, it looks clean and nice, is it?
    You should be close to my flower store.
    I checked your garden yesterday, all looked well. Tomorrow is my last day of work for a month Hallelujah!!!!

    ReplyDelete