Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chronicles of Narnia


When we are in our apartment, life is a very mundane affair. We cook, we eat, we do the dishes, we sleep.

But after we walk downstairs and go through the dark courtyard, something happens to me when I push on those huge, heavy carriage doors. When I step out onto Rue du Bac there is a feeling in my chest that I can't describe. But I'll try. The feeling is big and happy and excited and full of wonder. I think, "This is how the Penvensie children must have felt when they entered Narnia through the back of the wardrobe!"

I'm sure my mouth hangs open every time I enter onto the street. I am so grateful to be here.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful description. Our apartment was a tad dark as well, but walking onto the street was like a whole new world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paint wonderful word pictures! I look forward to experiencing that feeling when I get there...

    ReplyDelete