Thursday, August 13, 2009

No Singing


Some birthday euros (thanks Chrissy!) were burning a hole in my pocket, so once again Joe and I hit the flea market. I have bought old French signs from the Paris flea markets in the past, so I purchased another one to add to my growing collection.

At first I thought this sign said something about not being able to sing in public. I had the vendor tell me what it said. It says and I quote: "This building site is off-limits to the public."

I like my translation better.

5 comments:

  1. me too, especially if you have ever heard me "sing"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too...but I am glad it doesn't! We wouldn't be able to sing when we got to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I wonder if you'll find one that translates for you to "Please Stay With Your Group"......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, Diana! We had that said to us enough times while touring the parliament buildings in Ottawa, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, when you get back I want to come over and see all of the treasures you and Joe picked up!

    ReplyDelete