Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Non, Merci

It's funny how things work out sometimes......

Several months ago, I began to read about a fabulous new store that opened in Paris called 'Merci'. From the photos I saw on the internet, it looked right up my alley. But the thing that made my heart sing was their "Used Bookstore Cafe". Now how perfect is that for me? I dreamed of sitting in that cafe one day, sipping a cafe creme and perusing their shelves of used books.

Well, who was to know that I'd be doing that very thing a few months later? Sooner than was ever expected?

Joe and I went to Merci yesterday to browse in the shop and to see the cafe. The store is as beautiful as the photos had portrayed. Their wares are like none I've ever seen before. After we shopped (Joe bought me a pink polka-dotted cafe au lait bowl) we headed to the cafe. I could hardly wait! "THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!" I said to myself.

It wasn't. The waiter ignored us for a good 12-15 minutes as he bustled to and fro not glancing our way once. We got up and left.

It's funny how things work out sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. awww!! What a bummer - to have something built up on your mind, look so forward to it only to have some waiter 'merde sur votre experience'!
    C'est la vie I guess.
    Have a macaron with a cafe creme in your new cafe au lait bowl - maybe it will help you feel better!

    ReplyDelete