Monday, August 17, 2009

"We'll Always Have Paris"

Sunset on the Seine. (Self-portrait taken on the Pont des Arts.)

When we were signing the apartment papers at the end of July with the rental agent, he asked us how long we were staying in Paris. When we told him, he said, "Is there enough to do in Paris for three weeks?"

My stomach did a little lurch when he said that. What if 3 weeks was too much time in one place? What if we got bored? What if there wasn't enough to do?

Well, I am here to tell you that I could stay in Paris for 3 years, never mind 3 weeks. We were on the move the entire time and there are still things on our 'to do' list. We ate, we drank, we walked. We soaked up the art, the architecture, the music, the fashion, the history. We laughed, we were moved to tears, we met new people, saw old friends.

We'll always have Paris.

We leave for home this evening. I'm hoping to get to my beloved 'Luxembourg Gardens' one more time this afternoon before we have to bid adieu to this amazing city.

I can hardly wait to come back.

3 comments:

  1. I am sad - for you and for me, because I don't want this blog to end! I hope you had/have/are having a great flight and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us along. I LOVED 'going' with you! I hope we weren't too much of a 'third wheel'! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this wonderful holiday with us. You gave us the opportunity to enjoy the trip as well. Safe journey on your way home. Your family will be very happy to see you. Hope to see you some time soon. Love from Mrs. W. Irene xxx ooo

    ReplyDelete