Sunday, July 18, 2010

Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao, Spain






We decided to celebrate our final day in Halsou by driving to Spain. Go figure....

Our destination was the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.

The museum was designed by American architect Frank Gehry. It is constructed with titanium, stone and glass. To me the building was the star of the show. The art inside paled by comparison.

We spent over 3 hours looking at the paintings, sculptures, and art installations. They were all very interesting and thought-provoking.

And I discovered my newest favourite artist: Robert Rauschenberg. He created art pieces from scrap metal and found junk. A true kindred spirit! I could have taken all of his work off of the gallery walls and hung them in my house and garden.

2 comments:

  1. Hello and thank you for letting us travel vicariously with you. Love the photos, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Nanc - the links didn't work for me "server not found". Just a little fyi...
    Amazing museum - I am sorry I missed the one in New York. Now I have another excuse (in the long list)to go back! :)

    ReplyDelete