Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Halsou, France








We are now in the little village of Halsou. You can't even call it a village really. Maybe a hamlet. It's just a small collection of about 11 houses situated by a river. Larger villages are close by though, so we go there for groceries, a pay phone, etc.

Our house is a typical Basque house. White plaster with red shutters and doors. Inside it is adorable. Lots of doors and windows. Everything is white. Which is not a good colour for this family, as we tend to be very sloppy.

We've been doing lots of driving around the countryside visiting the neighbouring towns and villages stopping for a beer every now and then. Our evenings are usually spent at home, eating late dinners on the deck.

It is very relaxing here.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Bastille day. All is good here at the moment, tour de france on tv, latte, sun shining, reading your blog. Hopefully it all holds!
    Love the house, it is adorable, I would buy it.
    keep us posted.
    Love Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I can't even believe how beautiful that place looks. It seriously looks like my dream home. That picture of Molly out of the top window is very "Beauty and the Beast"! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour! I am glad it is relaxing! I hope you continue to have a wonderful time. It all sounds beautiful and wonderful. Take care,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quaint maison especially the windows that swing wide open!
    Heading to Chemainus with Jeff today to see Guys & Dolls. I wonder if he realizes that I am going to sing along with every song :)!
    Really enjoying the blog - as usual :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love "the adorable maison" It is the kind of house that really seems to fit country-side so well. I am imagining you having your late suppers on the deck with envy.
    Shuna

    ReplyDelete