Thursday, July 15, 2010

Le Paye Basque




This region of France is both beautiful and interesting. The red and white houses, the green hillsides, and the friendly people are all making this week highly enjoyable. We have been to lots of little surrounding villages: going to the markets, peeking inside churches, wandering the streets, and stopping for beer.

When we're at home we eat, drink and make merry as there is no TV, no internet, no phone. We've spent many enjoyable nights sitting around the table on the patio laughing and telling funny stories about each other.

This is what travelling is all about for me.

3 comments:

  1. It all sounds perfectly perfect! What great memories you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! and then I also like the years after when the family can talk about the funny things that happen on the trip- like being in a little Mexican village and Mason making up songs and dances about cheese "feta is betta than chedda" - still makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy & Joe and family: What a wonderful holiday you are having - treasure every moment (I am sure you are). I have been following from the beginning again. I am enjoying all this soo much, I know it takes precious time to do all this. Thanks for sharing. Our kids have planned a special holiday in Tofino for Keath's 80th Birthday. We are excited. Erin and Luc are coming next week-end on their way to Victoria. Mark's family also coming in August. Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete