Tuesday, March 22, 2011

All In A Day's Work

Joe and I started our Monday at the Museum of Modern Art.  All of my favourite artists were there.  It is an amazing museum.  I love MoMA.

It was a very rainy day in NYC on Monday.
All I can say is, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, KEEP THAT HOT DOG STAND DRY!"

We were hoping to go up the Empire State Building....
but it's not looking so good today.

 We ate lunch at the 2nd Avenue Deli in Midtown.
A hot pastrami sandwich on rye with a side order of dill pickles and a bowl of potato salad is the perfect thing for a cold and rainy New York afternoon.  Oh, and a nice glass of Israeli chardonnay to wash it down with.
(And lest you think our cholesterol levels are through the roof on this trip, I want to assure you they are not.  Every day we walk at least 7+ hours.)

Back to Harlem on the subway for a quick bite to eat in the apartment, followed by a deserved nap and we were back on the train down to Times Square.  
 
 Holy Hannah!  Talk about BRIGHT!  I don't know how the people who live in the apartments around there can sleep at night.  It's as bright as day at all hours.

Then a cab ride to 'Smalls' for an evening of jazz.



My legs happily ache when I fall into bed at midnight.
 

2 comments:

  1. There is so much to see, do, hear, eat, walk around, feel..... my insides swell when I recall our visit and know in my bones how wonderful a time you will/are having. I soooo want to go back - it really is vibrant and alive. It's like it has its own pulse and it is truly palpable. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend Victoria was just complaining to me by email about how rainy it is in Manhattan--maybe the weather will improve.

    how many pounds of meat in that sandwich, God....

    Mary Farkle

    ReplyDelete