Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve: Phase #1 Finished (For Now)

Phase #1 of our kitchen renovation is pretty much done.  Some trim needs to go around the new window, the ceiling has to be painted, and a few electrical sockets need to be covered.  But those things will have to wait for Phase #2 in the New Year, because we are ready for a break.

Arnold has finished his tiling masterpiece and we are thrilled with the work he has done.

Now THAT is what I call precision.

The backsplash behind the range is complete!


Placing the final tile on the wall of Joe's 'Coffee Corner'.


Thank you Arnold for the brilliant job you did tiling our kitchen.  I can hardly wait to see you work your magic during Phase 2 of this project.

THE KITCHEN GUY
Arnold Bayer
arnoldbayer@telus.net
604.815.9587

Joe's first meal on his new range: boiling up a pot of brine to soak the turkey in.


Another oops!  We were excited to get a new counter for our bathroom vanity except now the top drawers don't fit and as a result, the bathroom door doesn't shut!  Oh well, privacy is highly over-rated.


Vintage Christmas balls

With our cat getting seriously ill and being at the veterinarian's all week and the renovation going until yesterday there has not been much time to think about Christmas.  I hauled out the decorations last night. All I can say is, "Thank God for friends!"  We bribed them with liquor and they helped decorate our tree.

Friends helping friends.


It is good to have tall friends at Christmas.


We are patiently waiting for a guy to come and measure our fireplace for a gas insert.  Hopefully it will be sooner as opposed to later.  Apparently everyone in town wants one for Christmas and the waiting list is very long.


Waiting for Santa.  Nothing says 'ho ho ho' like a fireplace full of broken pieces of slate and gas lines.


Daisy is now home with us.  It was touch and go there for a bit, but hopefully she is on the mend.  I am playing nursemaid and I have to admit, I'm not very good at it.  She has a feeding tube sticking out of her neck and I have to administer her food and medications through it.  Daisy is not a good patient either.  She hates having to sit in my lap for 20 minutes while I squeeze blenderized cat food into her esophagus via a syringe.

The feline pharmacy.  I am not a confident nurse.

Daisy in one of her favourite spots: Big Daddy's arms.

It is now Christmas Eve and I am waiting for Joe to arrive home with all of the kids (+ 1) in tow.  We are going to enjoy one another's company, watch movies, eat, and stay in our pjs as much as we can.

Merry Christmas to you all!


1 comment:

  1. I have sooo looked forward to reading these blogs and I am so happy to see that Daisy is looking a little more perky! Shu

    ReplyDelete