Monday, January 2, 2012

Phase 2 Begins

Phase 2 of this renovation started in earnest yesterday morning.

But first things first.

CAT UPDATE:
Before I went to school yesterday, I took Daisy to 'kitty daycare' at our veterinarian's.  Daisy will spend her days there and the evenings at home with us.  But we'll only take her to daycare on the noisiest reno days.  And since removing the stairs is first on Marcel's demolition list, I'm sure she'll be shipped out every day this week.

On less noisy days, we'll lock her in our bedroom with food, water and litter box.


When I picked Daisy up from the vet's yesterday afternoon, her feeding tube had been removed.  But the hole where the tube was inserted into her neck has become infected.  So she is on another round of antibiotics!  This time though we have to administer the pills by mouth.  Twice a day!  UGH.  

Doesn't Daisy look happy to be going to the vet's?

Joe and I have been doing little things around the house.  In addition to having the ugly shelf-like hearth removed from the fireplace, we took the mantelpiece off as well.

We removed the mantle piece from the fireplace.

We returned our damaged 22" round Newgate clock last week.  We can't seem to find another one like it anywhere, so we are going to order a different clock by the same manufacturer.  We weren't sure if we should get the 15" clock or the 22"one, so Joe put up some painters tape to see how the clocks would look on the wall.

15" or 22"?  We're going big.


The upper stairs before.


The upper stairs during.


The upper stairs after.


Marcel and Derek will be here this morning to remove the lower stairs and rebuild them.  Daisy and I are just getting ready to head out the door.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm putting on my sweats to venture into the back shop to start sanding and prepping your stair posts and rails - that's as far as my expertise takes me - Tom will take over from there. Your house looks fabulous - I think that Sarah Richardson has met her match. Joanne

    ReplyDelete