Friday, February 17, 2012

Home and Design

I was reading the 'Home and Design' magazine that was delivered inside the Vancouver Sun this morning.  In it was an article describing a couple of glorious make-over projects on Gambier Island and in Fort Langley.  Both renovations had been nominated for Georgie Awards.  Included alongside the article were the perfunctory before and after photos of the kitchen.

I thought, "Phfffffft.  You call those before and after photos?  I'll give you before and after photos!"

I think Marcel Lanter deserves a Georgie Award for our kitchen renovation.  Seriously.  Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!  Not only that, he did it in 38 days.  Thirty-eight short days!!!  He started gutting our old kitchen on November 17th and on December 25th Joe cooked Christmas dinner in our fully functional new kitchen.  CRAZY, I know!

But that is how it is when Marcel is at the helm of your project.

Professional, knowledgeable, high quality workmanship, and stress-free.  (Well, almost stress-free.  I did have that mini-breakdown over dust, remember?  I think all homeowners must have issues with dust.  You can't have a reno without dust.)

I'm nominating Marcel Lanter for a Georgie Award.

I was going to wait to write a blog post with the entire collection of before and after photos, but after reading that magazine article this morning I decided to publish the photos of the kitchen today.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

After

I love our new home.  In the mornings before work I sit on the couch drinking coffee with the fire flickering in the background and I think to myself, "I can hardly wait to get back here."  

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Marcel Lanter
Markor Construction
markorconstruction@gmail.com
604.898.1765





3 comments:

  1. I've seen the befores, I've seen the afters. I've been there, I still can not believe it. My mouth still drops. It is so beautiful and turned out so well. Nicely done Sothams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitchen is worthy of a home renovation award! The warmth of the flooring and cabenetry matched with the wonderful choice of appliances, makes it a gobsmacker!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy and Joe , your kitchen looks amazing!!! Absolutely yummy!!Congratulations you are sure to have many fabuous years in that space, it would almost make me want not only to cook but clean up after as well

    ReplyDelete