Friday, March 2, 2012

Finish Line Approaching

After 106 days of construction, the renovation finish line is approaching.  I can really see it this time.  Mind you, there are still a lot of items on our 'to do' list (like buy lamps and a few pieces of furniture) but the tradesmen's jobs are wrapping up.

Here's the latest from this week:



The bannisters and spindles were installed on the main floor!  They are beautiful and we love them.  Thank you, Marcel and Derrick.  


The trim for the gas insert was installed!  No more unsightly wires and knobs to stare at!  And look...we kindly bought Daisy a wee cat bed to lounge in by the fire.  She hates it.  She gave it a perfunctory sniff and stalked off, vowing never to grace its velvety lushness.


The carpet was laid in the TV room!


 The free-standing gas fireplace in the TV room is now operational!


The appliance repairman came and fixed the refrigerator!  With Joe's help.


Louie, the man who repaired 'Big Bertha', stopped by for a coffee.


My bookshelf was built by the one-and-only Nathan Webb.

 The bookshelf is being installed!

And now a photo from the 'You Know You're Losing Your Mind When' department:
I was tidying up the kitchen yesterday morning before school.  I was unloading the dishwasher.  I opened a drawer to put away a mixing bowl and was greeted by this sight: 


T.G.I.F everybody!  Enjoy your weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Ok the potatoes in the drawer sent me into a ROAR!! Thanks for making my Friday! shu

    ReplyDelete