Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Au Revoir Mes Amis!


Au revoir mes amis!  I am leaving for Paris in the morning.  I will be there for 10 days with my good friend Donna.  Showin' her the sights and sounds and scenery of the city I love so well.



Wish me luck!  This is the first gig of my second career.  TOUR GUIDE!  I am so excited.  And a wee bit nervous.  I've never travelled to Europe without Joe.  I hope I can buy Donna and I metro tickets and order us dinner.  I hope my French is passable and that I can buy us a few groceries now and again.  At least let it be good enough for me to order us a beer.


I've got a 'to do' list as long as my arm.  You name it, we're going there.  In, out, up and down.  I've warned Donna to expect a smile on her face and aches in her legs when she drops into bed every night.  I've told her to think of it like boot camp.  But with culture.  And wine.  And lots of food.  My kinda boot camp.


I probably won't be blogging from France.  It is too problematic for me on my iPad.  Doing technological things on my own usually ends up with tears and high blood pressure.  No one wants that.  Least of all me.


I'll be posting silliness and photos on facebook so look for me there.  I'll blog about our adventures when I get home mid-July.

Au revoir mes amis!  I can hardly believe I'll be in the arms of my urban lover in a matter of hours.  

A bientot!




No comments:

Post a Comment