Saturday, March 16, 2013

Girlfriends

For my entire life I have been incredibly blessed to have wonderful friends.  From the time I entered kindergarten until now.  Many of the girlfriends I have today I had back in the '60s.  And many I have met along the way: in high school, university, the places I've lived and through my children.

The past 48 hours have brought me together with 3 of them.

To Diana, Fran and Julia: We may be separated by cities, provinces and countries, but nothing else.  When I'm with you it feels as if I just saw you yesterday; the intervening months and years seem to melt away.

Diana and I with my mom and her mother-in-law.  Diana and I were Grade One locker partners in 1964 and have been best buddies ever since.

Fran and I met in 1987 when our husbands were both graduate students at the University of Washington in Seattle.  Those three years were some of the best years of my life.

Julia and I met in 2005 when she and my daughter Molly were students at Simon Fraser University together.  She makes me laugh and I am in awe of her musical talent.

I cherish these women's friendship.  I am so lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment