Sunday, July 14, 2013

Two Days in Taunton

We arrived safe and sound in Taunton on Friday. After travelling for 24 hours we were happy to land in our summertime home-away-from-home.


We have been busy these past two days. We've walked along the local canal, shopped for English delicacies, gone to the pub, explored downtown Taunton, hiked the 'Burrow Mump', bet on the Royal baby's name, scarfed down one too many tubs of clotted cream and visited Stone Henge (more on that experience tomorrow). All while being jet-lagged. Not bad for a bunch of Canadians.








Joe has done a brilliant job chauffeuring us around. He has adapted easily to driving on the other side of the road. I've inhaled sharply a few times while I gripped the armrest, but I guess that is to be expected.

I am looking forward to more adventures.

(*I cannot make the photos any bigger on the blog. For greater detail, simply click on the photos to enlarge them.)



No comments:

Post a Comment