Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Magic of Ireland

Boats in the rain on Lough Corrib, County Galway

This is our fifth day on the 'Emerald Isle' and its magic has already touched us.  I now believe in fairies and leprechauns.

I don't how Ireland does it, but it is a magical country.

A fern grows out of a crack in a boulder on Black Head.

Case in point:  Joe and I laugh a lot on a very regular basis.  But we have laughed incredibly hard since we've been on the west coast of Ireland.  The feeling-weak-and-bending-over-to-grip-a-piece-of-furniture-so-we-won't-fall-down kind of laughing.

We KILLED ourselves laughing when we got lost on the Wild Atlantic Way; when I teased Joe the GPS was alerting him to the fact that he was driving too slowly; when the car park machine spit Joe's credit card out so fast it sailed through the air and landed underneath the car.

Dandelions at the Cliffs of Moher

Would we laugh as hard if these things happened to us in Canada?  I don't know.  But they sure are making us guffaw heartily here in Ireland.

It's magic I tell you.  Pure and simple.
Cottage in Spiddal, County Galway



No comments:

Post a Comment