Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Prince Edward Island

Argyle Provincial Park

We spent the day on Prince Edward Island, the smallest Canadian province.  We did a big circle tour.  We took the ferry over from Nova Scotia and drove the Confederation Bridge back.

Open wide!

There is no shortage of lighthouses in Atlantic Canada.

Parking lot beautification in Charlottetown.

Downtown Charlottetown.

So many beautiful houses here.

Another lighthouse.

A north coast beach.

Beautiful cliffs.

Cavendish Beach.

"Do you know what comes between me and my Calvins?  Nothing."

Cavendish Beach

My first lobster roll.  The verdict?  DELICIOUS!  I can't wait for my second.

Acres and acres of potato fields right down to the ocean.

I couldn't get over the colour of the sand on the south coast of the island!  Red sand, red cliffs, red soil, red rocks.

Argyle Provincial Park.

One day I hope to be a wandering senior.  Oh wait, I already am!

Instead of taking the ferry back to Nova Scotia, we thought it would be fun to drive all 12 minutes of the Confederation Bridge and land in New Brunswick.  We thought the views from the bridge deck would be lovely.

Nope!  No lovely views.  This is all we saw for 8 miles.


After our tire mishap on Saturday night, we were praying to God that we wouldn't run into a moose driving back from New Brunswick.



What a wonderful day!  Fourteen hours of fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment