Thursday, August 20, 2015

P.S. One More Thing About Lunenburg

 A wall of floats.

Have I mentioned recently how friendly the people of Nova Scotia are?  I have?  I need to give you two more examples.

 Red peaks on the harbour.

The proprietress of the Lunenburg Inn was calling me 'Nanc' within one hour of knowing her.  And gave us each a big bear hug when we checked out this morning.  Thanks for everything, Donna.  We will spread the news of your B&B far and wide.

Yesterday we ate lunch at 'The Fish Shack'.  While Joe was ordering our food at the counter, my job was to find us a place to sit on the patio overlooking the harbour.  There was only one table left.  As I struggled to put up the umbrella, the gentleman at the next table said, "Ma'am, that umbrella is broken.  You and your husband are welcome to join me if you'd like." Hell yeah, we'd like that sir!  Joe and I spent a lovely lunch hour chatting with a local about Nova Scotia, our mutual love of Ireland and his hobby farm. 

There's no better way to spend a Wednesday night than in a church basement listening to music.  And good music at that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth, then surely Nova Scotia is the friendliest."

We have two more days in this lovely province.  

Now we're off to meet friends we haven't met yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment