Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy Holidays


I was so happy to begin my Christmas holiday sixteen days ago.  Snow fell, books beckoned, naps awaited.

Some things were different for us this year.  Many things were the same.

William was home.  My mom was here.

Our daughters weren't home for Christmas.  It was the first time we had not been together as a family in 28 years.  I missed them terribly but was content knowing my girls were out there in the world leading adventurous, happy lives.

My cousins Denise and Jean-Louis (whom I had not seen in a decade) travelled by train from Winnipeg and spent Christmas with us.  My cousins are chefs and Joe thoroughly enjoyed his three day cooking lesson.

Sixteen delicious days of holiday time.

We cooked, we ate, we drank, we walked, we snowshoed.

We skyped, we laughed, we marvelled at the sunny skies and cold temperatures.

We rode the Sea-to-Sky gondola, we watched skaters on frozen lakes, we happily embraced the snow.













































And now my holiday has come to an end.

It has been a weekend of fun and reflection.

My wish is good health and great happiness for us all.

The very best to you and yours.

May 2016 be your best year yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment